This is the place to find:
* stories about our large family life. We are the Waltons +1. My husband and I, our eight children plus my mother and father-in-law living together at "The Shoe". It has been a wonderful arraignment for almost 14 years now, but I have to say that having "in-loves" instead of "in-laws" has helped immensely.
* recipes and tips for cooking frugally for a large family, including bulk-cooking and freezer meal preparation.
* stories from my family's history. I have a heart to record bit of verbal storytelling where they won't get lost. (I guess I should back up my blog?)
* methods for
* honesty. Life is too short to live falsely in order to impress anyone. You will recognize my faults in short order, but I hope that we can strive, together, towards our better selves.
* a bit of silliness, now and then. A merry heart is, after all, good medicine.
* quilting and sewing. I am just an artist in need of an audience!
Regarding our frenzied fall, the perfect schedule still eludes me, but we hammered together a routine to try this week. I am sure that life will point out its weaknesses. Updates will surely follow.
I would love introductions! Please leave comments below. You will find an email subscription box in the right margin.