21 December 2011

wants vs. needs

It's been a bad year for appliances over here at The Shoe.  I posted about Matilda's prolonged bout with illness.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that our dryer and dishwasher required repair or that our refrigerator quit (on Thanksgiving Day, no less).  One of our freezers, Thing 2, died.  I am exceedingly thankful that Thing 1 hasn't noticed all the hubub and decided to complain.  Of course, the year isn't over yet.

Our stove showed signs of pyromania this week, so he is outta here.

What I wanted:



What I got (and all that I really need):




I am thankful, truly thankful that I will be able to prepare a hot meal for my family tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean... wants vs. needs. Especially hard at Christmas time, which is all about wants when there are needs that still need to be met. We scaled way back on gifts this year and NOT shopping and buying more gifts has been hard. I'm so sick of store ads and commercials and the "need" to comb through them all to see if there is something we really do NEED on sale for a good price, etc.

    The new stove/oven looks nice. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. Plenty of needs to be met over here as well. Shoes! Socks! Laundry fairy!

    The "new" stove is from a dealer on craigslist. (Pacific Appliance Center?) Free same-day delivery, free haul away plus a 6 month warranty = sold.

    The "want" stove: $1,295 plus kitchen remodel!!!
    The "need" stove: $199

    It's not fancy, but it works and is in good condition.

    ReplyDelete